- Teaching and learning should be supervised in a manner that makes it accessible and interesting
- The classroom(s) and the teacher(s) should provide excellent learning opportunities and will prepare students well for CSEE ( for Form Four), and ACSEE ( for Form Six) competences as required by NECTA .
- Teaching and Learning specifics ought to include the following features
- Textbook (s) and relevant topics organization that matches the NECTA /TIE Syllabus
- The use of several illustrations, that often should show the applications of subjects
- Interactive Teaching and Learning that uses exercises to engage students in practice of skills (especially in Mathematics and Languages at O- Level ; and Subject Combinations at A– Level).
- Teachers should give point summaries at the end of each topic taught so as to guide students Reading and Revision.
- Students should be given plenty of reading exercises, activities and assignments.
- Teachers will give Practices, Tests and Examination – type questions BUT students will not be allowed to have and study review questions of their of their own.
- The main idea is to develop the LOVE ( i.e. Affective Domain); KNOWLEDGE (i.e. Cognitive Domain) and PRACTICE ( Psychomotor Domain) of the relevant subject be it Mathematics, Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Civics / General Studies t.c. Among students.
- Teachers and Students should endeavor to develop and optimally utilize the available school resources. These resources include but not limited to; Time –on- task, Textbooks, Available teachers per subject and General School Management.
THE DIDACTICAL MODEL
The two processes of Teaching(Teachers) and Learning (Students) be handled interacting with the Content(s) represented by textbooks, handouts, offprints e.t.c. The idea being to integrate Knowledge processes, Practical processes and Subject interest development throughout the lesson. The didactical model is