The vision of the Debate Club at Thomas More Machrina High School is develop a student to become an effective communicator, critical thinker and ethical individual.
The mission of the DEBATE team at Thomas More Machrina High School is to create a competitive debate team that will allow our students to learn from each other and competitors, essential life skills and values. The Debate team will strive to promote lasting relationships among peers and an understanding of how effectively work in a public and private forum through community engagements and competitions.
Among other things, the following will be taking place in the Debate Club.
- To prepare students for internal and external debate competitions.
- To prepare a student to be a perfect public speaker in future through various activities such as participating in various debate topics either direct or indirect.
- To prepare students to be confident speakers/presenter in both academic topics and non-academic topics.
- To encourage students to participate in various programs especially public speaking programs.
- To guide students on making sound arguments.
- To guide on making a research on various important topics.